What's it like during this Pandemic


To say the least I would have never thought to be living during a global pandemic. It's like im living in the movie.. the people of the world just stopped.. the world literally said "PAUSE FOR A SEC". What's it like? Well, theres a lot of people who are terrified and there are people who really do not care. But what's it doing? It's changing a lot of things globally. I have lived through many hurricanes and I have never seen such panic in the grocery stores, in need of supplies than during this time. Doctors and nurses working endless hours to save as many lives as possible without getting this virus themselves. This has caused many people to come up with conspiracy theories, I have come up with a few myself. This all started in China, with a man who ate a bat or so they say, I also heard this man worked at a fish market and infected everyone there, and those people infected everyone elsewhere and so on. It hit Italy next and that poor country has more older people than younger causing over 11,000 deaths and that's so far... In the U.S. there is strange need and demand for toilet paper and still not sure why, I guess people are building toilet paper forts and protecting themselves from COVID19.

But people have been make the most of it in these hard times, being stuck at home has made people realize the little things you can't do anymore, like going out to the gym, the grocery store, the mall, the movie theater, no traveling, the gas stations... you have to be extra careful of the things you touch cause you don't know who touched it before you. Some people have been seen to be dancing on balconies, playing instruments, and just taking time for themselves. Personally, I had to leave my college campus with really no warning.. I did not expect this or think that something like this could really happen. My little sister wont be able to have her 8th grade graduation because of this. Everything is being done online. We are stuck at home but thankfully home is one of the prettiest places to be. Mom and dad are freaking out which is making their immune systems weak and mo is nervous she might have COVD-19. We are hoping for the best. The one thing I can take away from this is the earth is FINALLY breathing again, meaning theres a better hope for our futures. This is even one of my conspiracies... it was all set up to stop civilizations to save the planet from dying... like the ozone layer recovered 1/3 of it.... this is insane to me. This 2020 year has really started off rocky, with bush fires in the amazon, Australia, and California, to almost going to WW3, to legend Kobe Bryant dying, then this huge pandemic.... but was it for the worst? of course this is tragic, scary, and hopefully the curves will all bend soon, but the earth is being saved, the waters are becoming more clear, the air is cleaner, and this is all because factories have stopped working, people are inside not driving, there are fewer flights in the air, no boats in the waters, no cruises, overall less pollution.

This is an experience that will forever be engraved in our minds and kids will be learning about this in their history classes. I wish we were better prepared, you would think in a world so technologically advanced that this would be under control but this has been the greatest silent war of all. Many deaths but a huge learning lesson for the world. Whats gonna happen after this? I honestly do not know, but I know it will not be the same. Where strangers would hug or handshake, there will be bowing and waving. Stores, places, malls, any recreational places will have to up their game on their cleaning methods, will people still go grocery shopping or will insta cart take over with amazon prime? how about traveling? I am almost certain that after this, everything will be digital and there will no longer be customer service agents or anything like that. The digital world will definitely be advancing and quickly after this whole thing because thats where money will be poured into. All in efforts for this to never happen again.

Comments

  1. Vale, I really enjoyed reading your response to this time. I also mentioned the benefits the earth is seeing due to this virus, but I thought your in depth conspiracies were very interesting. I found it interesting that you said the earth is finally breathing. This is definitely true, but I can't help thinking about how it is bit dark that, in order for the earth to do so, it seems humans had to stop... literally and figuratively. Unfortunately, some have passed away, while other have just stopped living the way they normally would. What a crazy time this is. On a lighter note, another thing I loved about your post is how you made light of Americans preparing for the pandemic by stocking up on toilet paper. Your humor shows in both your words and in your photo. It is quite ridiculous that this is one of our biggest concerns right now. Lastly, I hope your mom is feeling better soon and that you and your family stay safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vale :) Similar to you, this experience made me realize how important it is to not take the little things for granted. Looking back a year ago, a few years ago or even a decade ago, if anybody told me, "One day a virus is going to go around, schools will be cancelled, and you'll have to stay indoors for a long time," I would never believe them and never fathom that so much would be taken away from me. Now, like you, I understand how important and special the little aspects of life are. I miss going out to eat, going to class, seeing my friends, or even going to the movies. At the same time, I am happy to be going through this for the reason being that it has taught me such a valuable lesson that I don't think I'll ever forget. Going off about what you mentioned about 2020, I agree that it is definitely a crazy year! I think that the past two decades in which we've grown up in are such a strange time in history, they really don't compare to anything else. The one thing that always gets me is that we have a former game show/ tv competition host as a president.... like what? When you really examine every historical events that has happened while we've been alive, it sounds like a really strange dream. Living through such great technological advancements makes our time growing up seem even more strange. I really think that not too much of history compares to these current times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts