Self-Portraits











Comments

  1. You have some of my favorite pictures out of them all. It has a very strong Indie vibe to it which I love. I can tell that you put a lot of time into the pictures and thinking about them. Your depth of field and point of view angles make very picture unique and easy to look at. Your mellow tones of blue, yellow, and green throughout give the whole series a calm vibe. I especially love the pictures of the reflections in the pool. These pictures are formatted perfectly and I believe that you achieved your objective when taking those photos. One thing that could be added to make your palm pictures better would be to try to minimize the shadow behind you and include more of the pam tree in your picture, just to show where the palm came from. But overall, love it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such and amazing color palette, my favorites would be the pool reflection and the last two pictures.The pool reflection is shot so well and the detail is crazy like just seeing the water ripple is so pleasing. The last two pictures are so well done too,in these pictures you look like a character off of a show.The orange glasses made me look at them instantly I think all your pictures are very successful.I don't even know what to say for a critique maybe just take off your sandals in the pool picture but other than that great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val you are such a lil badass in the sunglasses!! All of your photos have a really cool old florida vibe to them. The umbrella shadows that you have are really cool and feminine. I think with the palm leaves try doing something with a little blur in them I think that might be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Val I love all of your pictures you truly did a great job with this project and I can really tell that this project took your creativity to a new level great job!! I also agree with Quinton I love the color theme and vibe to all of your pictures, they truly just put a smile on my face and make me happy. I really like the last umbrella shadow picture better than any of the other umbrella picture because the shadows and everything about that picture just reminds me of an album cover. so if you create a record that should be the cover picture. I think you should re shoot the palm tree picture and use a clear background or blur the house in the background so you're more of the focus because the bushes in the background make it so you're not the focus of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val, these photographs seem very well thought out. Nice job. A photograph I would really like to talk about is the one in which you are standing behind the plant, and your arms are extending outward. I think this photograph has a lot of potential in it. The jagged, sharp edges of the plant's form contrast harshly against the shape of the human body. For this reason, I think that using this form in place of your own body is a very simple way to take the viewer by surprise and to create interest. Your hands wrapping around the plant create this creepy, ominous feeling within the work. However, the bright, cheerful background in this composition seems to disrupt that creepy feeling that (I think) you might be trying to convey. One way you could work to make this photograph better is to do a close up of your hands wrapped around the leaves as they are, or to change the setting/ edit the photo so that it appears darker and more mysterious

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the use of the clear umbrella to create shadow-work is really well done. You did a nice job of limiting color in those photos which aided in making the shadows a major focal point. I most enjoy the last of the umbrella photos as I think the shadow across your face works very well in the image. I think the pictures of you behind the plant could use the most work. It is somewhat difficult to tell what you are attempting to portray in the image. Is it love for the plant? Hiding behind it? Answering those or similar questions could make the image stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautfil work! I really enjoyed the ones where you played with the shadow of the umbrella. I think the first on in particular is very interesting because the shadow is placed where I would imagine it would be if you were actually holding it. The colors are warm and inviting and make the viewer curious, just like the umbrellas reflection does. I think when reshooting, I would consider re doing the photos where you are hidden behind the palm frond. I would maybe find a background that has less going on in it or is more monochromatic. I think this would create a greater sense of mystery, which seems more fitting for what you have captured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cool tones and colors in all of these. What I like that I can see you exploring ideas through each image. The pool images are especially strong. Those seem to carry the most weight in terms of thematic depth, at least for me. I'd say that the last two images are worth reshooting. I feel like with every other image, you're being very creative and exploring an idea. With those last two, I feel like those are a lot more simple than the rest, which is fine, but I'd like to see what kind of twist you could put on it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts