Final Project Cig Harvey Influence




THE DEEP BLUES
Blue to me reminds me of the ocean and the sky, both blue but with different depths. I chose a lighter blue and this time of day to capture this image and the deeper blues with more shadows and mystery to express the ocean and its depth.





A TOUCH OF RED
Red, a strong, eye catching color that I resonate with love and blood. In the first image, the touch of red in the wheels and the hat create a more interesting picture and good flow from the blues. The images with the yarn and the apple are more symbolic. The yarn is representing my veins and the roots of nature and the apple is representing my hearts. It is all tied together and connected both physically and spiritually with nature. 


P!NK
Some girly girl moments, and nostalgia came to play with pink, this pink case I am holding is my first beauty kit that came with nail polish and makeup. Im in a pink robe that I use after my showers and it is very similar to one I had as a young child. The pink shoes are to show my playful and girly self.



EARTH GREENS
One with nature, literally. The first image is the trunk of our papaya tree that we had to cut down in order for it to grow away. It instantly reminded me of a spine and i chose to use it to represent just that, The background noise of the trees helps emphasize the "one with nature" aspect and the roots of our kind. This last image also plays a role with nature and growth. Our hair is like the leaves or palms of a tree. 

All these images are influenced by the work of Cig Harvey and I will create a new post of my paper for more information on why this work and how it is connected with Harvey's. 


Comments

Popular Posts